Chris wrote:

Hmm....

It's just occured to me that you're basically copying and entire table from one place to another. If I recall correctly, FoxPro cheats somewhat in this
situation - it just copies the concerned files!

Which table type are you using (something I should have asked in the beginning)? Can we see the output of SHOW CREATE TABLE <table_name>; ?

Regards,

Chris

Hi,
I'm using MyISAM tables. BTW, I'm almost done with the optimization chapter from the manual...
and I haven't had one of those Eureka! moments... anyway I'll keep trying... any more suggestions?
Thanks again.
Hector

Here's an example of what you requested:
mysql> show create table tmp;
| Table | Create Table |