-->-----Original Message-----
-->From: Charles Cary [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-->Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:10 AM
-->To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-->Subject: Conversion
-->
-->My commercial online web application currently handles 10000 users
with
-->peak
JRun
-->4.0
-->and Enterprise Database Engine.  There is a considerable amount of
write
-->activity to 10 of the 60 tables.  The total size of the data is
5-10GB.
-->
-->1) Is a migration to either MySQL or SAPdb appropriate?

Sure mySQL can handle that with no problem given a sizeable dedicated
server,

-->2) Are SAPdb and MySQL the same database products?
Hmm sortof from my understanding but not really. Helpful huh?

-->3) Does either database engine support a Standby database?
What do you mean by standby database? Replication? If it's replication,
then yes it can.

-->4) Can you provide links to performance tuning, backup, and recovery
-->documentation?
Goto mysql.com. search for tuning or ask your questions here. OR look in
mysql_INSTALL_DIR for a directory called support and look at my-huge.cnf

-->5) What is the counterpart of Oracle's archive re-do logs in either
SAPdb
-->or
-->MySQL?

Can't help you out here.

- Dathan Vance Pattishall
  - Sr. Programmer and mySQL DBA for FriendFinder Inc.
  - http://friendfinder.com/go/p40688