On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 02:37:05AM +0300, Ilia Kantor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 databases in different places. There is 1 question and 2
> problems about that..
>
> What happens if one server fails to be in internet for some time ?
> log-bin on another one grows and after the connection is
> reestablished, all updates are made.. Right ?

Well, the binlog grows even when they are connected.  Regardless, when
the connection is back, the machines will catch up.

> How can I make sure that insert I need at DB1 and insert I need at DB2
> will get same IDs ? (auto_increment field, primary key)

You cannot.  It's a race condition.

> Any way to make 2-way replication safe ?

Generate your own primary keys.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 49 days, processed 1,861,335,372 queries (431/sec. avg)