You can get Native database drivers for Delphi to talk to MySQL.... your
database back end makes no differance to any thing with Delphi....

God know what perl has to do with any thing.... totaly not the same thing as
Delphi....

Soap supports every thing, soap is language independant... and is fairly
cool. A bit like using CORBA and Delphi. Its only a XML based tansport
layer, and its used by .NET as I am sure William knows. Delphi 8 has the
best .Net support of any language, even better then VB and C++ but seeing as
MS payed borland to implment it, thats not suprising....

I can how ever highly recomend soap, its exstreamly easy to use, though I
havn't tried it from Delphi. Its all the same..... Havn't done .Net at all
other then the soap part, but if its like Corba (they do the same thing so
it should be) then its bloody easy as well. Its all about remote objects. I
would say though that Delphi isn't ideal for web services. Your better of
thinking about a move to a more web based technology.

I loved Delphi for 8 years, but alas, these days PHP is much more fun, works
well and is fast. If you do want to consider some thing other then Delphi to
do your thing then PHP kicks the hell out of Perl.... Poor old Delphi is a
dieing market here :-(

Other then that, really, Delphi to MySQL is just like Delphi to Paradox, or
Oracle or any thing else.... just get the drivers and off you go :-)