To my knowledge, ext2 does have the limitation but ext3 does not.

Additionally, ReiserFS, JFS and XFS all have disgustingly large file size limits.

As a side note, apparently NetWare has major file size limitations (going on Gupta's SQLBase documentation)

Regards,

Chris

Mark Lubratt wrote:

No, I'm thinking about ext2 on Linux. Which I'm pretty sure has a 2GB limit.

Ext3 has the same limitation. Both filesystems will support larger file sizes
if the kernel is configured with Large Filesystem Support (LFS). The last time I
heard, this is still not fully implemented (at least enough to trust to something
like this...)

I could certainly be wrong on the LFS status. If so, please let me know, I'm
running RH9.

Mark