I can't imagine a G4 would be disk bound relative to an Intel machine, unless
there is something very wrong with the disk or controller.  Also, you might want
to defrag your disk on the Mac.

G4s have much more disk bandwidth than any Intel I've ever seen.  Almost as much
as my DEC Alpha.  >:)

Van

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/113/ded_serius.html
Linux rocks!!!   http://www.dedserius.com