Joe Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've got a question for you.  I've got a MySQL db running in FreeBSD
> 4.8, and have encountered the following problem.
>
> When I try to connect to a database by a specific user, I get the
> following response :
>
> #mysql -p -u comet
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1226: User 'comet' has exceeded the 'max_connections' resource
> (current value: 100)
>
> Now, that is exactly what I'd expect to see, IF the user had 100
> connections.  Instead,  when viewing the processlist, I get :

If you set up MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 100 for user it means that user can open 100
new connections per our.

> #mysqladmin -p processlist
> Enter password:
> +-----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-------+---------------+
> | Id  | User | Host      | db | Command | Time | State | Info          |
> +-----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-------+---------------+
> | 469 | root | localhost |    | Query   | 0    |       | show processlist |
>
> I think that the code that had established all of those connections
> didn't properly dispose of the connections (a PHP script that one of our
> clients is using).  Is there a way to clear those?

Execute FLUSH USER_RESOURCES command or mysqladmin reload to flush current values.
You can read about limiting resources at:
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/User_resources.html

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com