MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR ?

Now, I set the "MAX_CONNECTIONS", but I didn't know about MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR. Still, the problem has persisted when left for a day or two without restarting. In fact, the issues only go away when the server is restarted (though I did NOT try the flush).

Thank you for the pointers. I will see what I can dig up.

Thx,
Joe

Victoria Reznichenko wrote:

Joe Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've got a question for you. I've got a MySQL db running in FreeBSD 4.8, and have encountered the following problem.

When I try to connect to a database by a specific user, I get the following response :

#mysql -p -u comet
Enter password:
ERROR 1226: User 'comet' has exceeded the 'max_connections' resource (current value: 100)

Now, that is exactly what I'd expect to see, IF the user had 100 connections. Instead, when viewing the processlist, I get :

If you set up MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 100 for user it means that user can open 100 new connections per our.

#mysqladmin -p processlist
Enter password:
| Id  | User | Host      | db | Command | Time | State | Info          |
| 469 | root | localhost |    | Query   | 0    |       | show processlist |

I think that the code that had established all of those connections didn't properly dispose of the connections (a PHP script that one of our clients is using). Is there a way to clear those?

Execute FLUSH USER_RESOURCES command or mysqladmin reload to flush current values.
You can read about limiting resources at:
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/User_resources.html