On Thursday, Nov 13, 2003, at 02:55 US/Eastern, John Berman wrote:
Can  I have multiple values in one column and then index the column, I
have used different delimiters but the index only seems find the whole
contents of the column no matter what I separate the data with

It seems like you'd be better off with a modified database design. If you need multiple values in a column, you might be better off making an intersection table, and indexing that. So instead of having multiple values in column "1" of table "A", you have multiple rows in table "B", each with one value, referencing a single row in table "A".

(I hope I've explained that clearly; if I've misunderstood, or someone has a better way of phrasing it, feel free to jump in.)

pjm