I am trying to change a column specification, a date column, so that the
default value is the current date.  Is this possible?  I just get an error
on the change query:

alter table Hits modify modify Date date NOT NULL default CURDATE();

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'date NOT NULL default CURDATE()' at line 1

Am I just stupid trying to have a function for a default?  And if so, is it
possible to get the 'current date' as the default value for a field?

TIA! :)

--
Cheers

Mike Morton

*
* Tel: 905-465-1263
* Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*

"Indeed, it would not be an exaggeration to describe the history of the
computer industry for the past decade as a massive effort to keep up with
Apple."
- Byte Magazine

Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete works of
Shakespeare. Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five minutes.
-- NullGrey