I am using a program that says I should use source to read in and
execute a file. I tried using the direction in Mysql second edition I
think on page 795 or something thereabout,

source file_name, /. file_name

I do not have the complete syntax, but what I did reesembled something
like the above. Only thing I chaged was the file_name.

What I needed to do is described below, and I am using mysql 4.0.13 Can
someone please let me know how to accomplish this?

I have root privilege and I get to the mysql prompt. I also invoked the
use database command and that was successful, but I just cannot
accomplish the following...Please Help

Using mysql - connect as your root or other privileged user
  connect to your geeklog database
  Using "source" read in and execute the SQL file

o mysql# source stations.sql;

Best regards

Ola