Thanks Paul,

Just to be crystal clear, at the mysql prompt, I will type    source
stations.sql \.
E:\Apache\apache2\htdocs\public_html\weather\stations.sql

Looking something like this:

mysql>source stations.sql \.
E:\Apache\apache2\htdocs\public_html\weather\stations.sql

Or am I not supposed to include the source stations.sql at all?

Is there a ; at the end or I do not need one.

Thanks a lot for your response

Ola
At 10:28 AM -0500 11/17/03, Ola Ogunneye wrote:
>Can you elaborate please? Like I said, the sql file I am executing is
in
>E:\Apache\apache2\htdocs\public_html\weather
>
>I see that you typed \ c>\loadfile.sql - Please explain. I really am
new
>to this.

No, he typed \., not \, and c:, not c>.  If you change characters like
that,
you will have little success.

What he meant (I think) was that the general form of the command is:

\. path-to-the-file-you-want-to-load

In your case, at the mysql> prompt, type:

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/