Hi!

Looking through the docs, MySQL's internals don't seem to lend themselves well to having this many tables. Is there any chance you could use MERGE tables to chuck a few of them together (admittedly I'm guessing here).

Regards,

Chris

Jörgen Winqvist wrote:

I'm working with an application that uses a lot of tables. Apx 50k tables are accessed every 5 minuts and they are openened/closed constantly. There is a performance problem and i've changed the filesystem to reiserfs for better handling many files. I also increased the open-file limit in both mysql and linux but i can't increase table_cache more than 16384 tables.

Any ideas?

Regards - Jorgen