Héctor Villafuerte D. wrote:

Hi all,
I know how to do this query with subqueries like this:

select * from traf_oper where
  rutasalien in
  (select ruta_salid from rutas where codigo_ope = 0)
  and
  rutaentran in
  (select ruta_salid from rutas where codigo_ope > 0)

I tried to do this:

mysql> explain select a.* from traf_oper a join rutas b on a.rutasalien = b.ruta_salid where b.codigo_ope = 0 and
a.rutaentran = b.ruta_salid where b.codigo_ope > 0;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near 'where b.codigo_ope > 0' at line 1

How can I substitute multiple subqueries with JOIN's?
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, just to let you know how I solved it!

select a.* from traf_oper a
  join rutas r1
  on a.rutasalien = r1.ruta_salid and r1.codigo_ope = 0
  join rutas r2
  on a.rutaentran = r2.ruta_salid and r2.codigo_ope > 0

Nice, isn't it? :)
Hector