Hello Stefaan,

Stefaan Van Dooren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm totally lost now..........
>
> As you can (could) see in my previous post, I managed to get MySQL working
> on SCO with "--with-debug" as a configure option.
> Whenever I remove "--with-debug", I can compile and install it, but I
can't
> connect to it.
>
> Can someone please explain what this "--with-debug" adds that makes it run
> on my system ?

I have not tried the --with-debug option, so cannot advise on that. However

I usually find that MySQL configuration problems can be explained by looking
at the main mysql error file. This is called *.err and is normally in the
data directory.

Certainly, if the server will not start, you should find the reason there.
You might also find clues to your connection problem.

Stephen