Hello,
    I have a simple table test like
                  create table test (value varchar(10));
in witch I have insert two lines:
            insert into test values('bla');
            insert into test values('BLA');

The first think is that I cannot add a primary constraint on test because Mysql do not
make the difference between 'bla' and 'BLA'. It is case insensitive.
I have the same problem when I do: select * from test where value='bla'. The select
return two lines when just one was expected.
The version of Mysql is 4.1 installed on windows 2000; my my.cnf file is:

[WinMySQLAdmin]
Server=C:/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
basedir=d:/mysql
datadir=D:/mysql/data
default-character-set=utf8
collation=utf8_bin
lower_case_table_names=0

Can something be done so that mysql be case sensitive ?

Lemasson Sylvain
Ingénieur développeur
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: 01.48.63.27.27