On Friday 28 November 2003 14.51, Lemasson Sylvain wrote:
> Hello,
Hi

> The first think is that I cannot add a primary constraint on test because
> Mysql do not make the difference between 'bla' and 'BLA'. It is case
> insensitive. I have the same problem when I do: select * from test where
> value='bla'. The select return two lines when just one was expected. The
> version of Mysql is 4.1 installed on windows 2000; my my.cnf file is:

Read about column types:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Column_types.html:

"CHAR values are sorted and compared in case-insensitive fashion according to
the default character set unless the BINARY keyword is given."
"VARCHAR values are sorted and compared in case-insensitive fashion unless the
BINARY keyword is given."

Think it will clear things up for you.
Mike