Hi groups,

does anyone know of a way to use myODBC and connect to MySQL 4.1 using its new
passwords?

When I create a password using PASSWORD( ), I can only login using the MySQL client
(the one that comes with MySQL).
But if I create the password using OLD_PASSWORD( ), I can login from both my
applications and the MySQL client!!! Curious!!

The server says:
ERROR 1249: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server.
Consider upgrading MySQL client.

I received this error when I used
  - MySQL Front 2.5
  - MySQL Control Center 0.9.2
  - My Application developped in VB using MyODBC 3.51 to connect

I have not yet tried PHP.
I searched the archives but found only one people who faced the same problem but I
didn't see any message saying that he got a solution.

Or simply, is it possible to tell MySQL daemon to use OLD_PASSWORD when encrypting
passwords?

Any advice?
Thanks,
NZEYIMANA Emery Fabrice