How closely does the MySQL Service on Win32 platforms conform to any known
standard for installing/removing services?

I raise the question because the vendor that provides the utility we use to
create our installation package claims that MySQL uses non-standard commands
for installing and removing services. As a result, they say, we cannot
expect their program to install or remove the service.

The irony is ... their program **does** install the service. It just can't
stop the service and remove it.

We use a third-party installer because we package the six databases our
software suite requires with MySQL.

G R Jensen