I am going to take over an existing website and in its present format it is a site powered by an Oracle DB. I will be migrating to MySQL.

The site is a news based site and has the use of the single quote or apostrophe (') through most of it's articles. I think that each article at present is an external .txt file that is pulled in to Oracle. If I carried on this method of having an external .txt file would that over come the necessity to escape (\') every single quote in each article?

If so, how might I be able to pull that data through so that it loads into the web browser. I asume it is some sort of http:// based link as it would be for an image. Is there any special kind of formatting I have to do to the text file for it to show as html?

TIA

Mat

Mat

Matthew Stuart