Look at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysql.html. The -X option may give you what you
need.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Greene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 9:57 AM
To: Todd Cary; Jay Blanchard
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Export in XML

I think that to answer Todd's question, no there is no inherent way in MySQL to export
results as XML the way that sqlserver and oracle do.

Another solution that comes to mind (if you're using java) is to write a simple class
that converts a result set to an array of hashmaps (row in array is row of data,
hashmap for column name - data value mapping), then send that to either castor
(pre-java 1.4) or to the xml<-> object APIs (1.4 on).