On maandag 8 december 2003 14:08 Jay Blanchard told the butterflies:
> [snip]
> > Well Todd, it is a little more complex than this. How much do you
> > know about XML?
>
> In fact, exporting is quite simple. Just give
>
>       > mysqldump --xml --password=[password] \
>               [-u username] \
>               databasename \
>               [tables]
>
> A try. Of course, substitute the correct values and stuff.
> Will give you pretty neat output.
> [/snip]
>
> That is very cool, but what if I need to export according to
> a specific DTD (perhaps shared data)? I guess that I'll have
> to perform some sort of data information transformation.

Well yeah, if you want that, then you'll have to do some data
transformation. But in that case I think you'll just have to grab to some
very cool XML tool. I'd set up some XSLT document and then transform the
MySQL output to the specific DTD with that. It might be cool if you could
specify the XSLT to MySQL, that would make it a powerfull XML tool as well.
Not sure tough if that's the purpose of this particular DBMS.

:P,
Wouter

(let's drink to the birth and health of the future queen of The Netherlands)