About a year ago, I set up mySQL on a computer running linux (probably
RH7.1). At the time I thought that I would investigate how I could use this
server in my business, but then I had more pressing issues and so neglected
the subject. Now that I have some spare times and correct tools (Delphi 7),
I want to renew my acquaintance with mySQL.

I am trying to access the server from two computers running Win98. Both of
them can connect to the linux machine via telnet and run programs such as
the command line 'mysql', but only one of them allows me to connect via
windows programs (I am using a program imaginatively called
'mysql_test.exe'). Of course, the machine which doesn't connect is the
machine on which I am doing the program development.

As far as I can figure out, there is some table (either in mySQL or in
linux) which allows '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to connect, but does not allow
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to connect. What I am asking you, dear readers, is to
help me find where I can add a definition to allow the second machine (and
eventually others) to connect.

I seem to be using version 3.22

TIA,
No'am