From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 décembre, 2003 08:41
To: Stéphane Bischoff; Martijn Tonies; MySQL (E-mail)
Subject: RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?

[snip]
So my first question should be : Is there a way to hide a field ??
[/snip]

SELECT only the information you want. Let's say I have

RowID
Name
Address
City

And I only want Name Address  and City

SELECT Name, Address, City FROM table WHERE RowID = 'foo'
UPDATE table SET Name = 'foo' WHERE RowID = '12'

etcetera

A good book on SQL basics will get you a long way on things like this.