Without a unique identifier, the only way you're gonna get to update right is to use
other data in the row to identifiy the record...

so with a table structure of

name
address
state

your users can select anything they want, filtering w/ a where clause.

If you grant them update on the table, then they'll just have to:

update your_table
set name = 'Dan'
where name = 'Daniel'
and address = '55 main'
and state = 'Virginia';

I don't agree with this approach, mind you, it breaks all kinds of best practices....

maybe it would help if you explained _why_ you don't want your users to see a
numerical id field for each record....