perror 145
145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired.

Run myisamchk on it.

David Rankin wrote:

I can't figure this out. I'm setting privileges for access on a local net to
a user [EMAIL PROTECTED] using grant and all of a sudden mysql is dead. I'm
running 3.23.31 on Mandrake 7.2. I haven't had any problems in years.
Anybody got any thoughts on this? Please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
What in the heck could cause a "Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, aborting
backtrace" ??

The applicable part of the .err log is:

mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
help in finding out why mysqld died
Attemping backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong
Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, aborting backtrace

Number of processes running now: 0
031211 20:38:21  mysqld restarted
031211 20:38:21  Found invalid password for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
Ignoring user
/usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections
031211 21:40:40  /usr/sbin/mysqld: Normal shutdown

031211 21:40:40 /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

031211 21:40:40 mysqld ended

031211 21:40:47  mysqld started
031211 21:40:47  /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: 'user.MYD'. (errno: 145)
031211 21:40:47  mysqld ended

**** next ****

I mv /datadir/mysql /datadir/mysql-old

then do a mysql_install_db and try again. Same error results

mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
help in finding out why mysqld died
Attemping backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong
Cannot determine thread, ebp=0xb, backtrace may not be correct
Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, aborting backtrace

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin * Bertin, PLLC