Thanks for the reply Gerald.

    I took your advise and tried myisamchk with the following results:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# myisamchk -r user.*
myisamchk: error: 'user.frm' doesn't have a correct index definition. You
need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: 'user.MYD' doesn't have a correct index definition. You
need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table 'user.MYI'
Data records: 6
- Fixing index 1

    Being relatively new to mysql, I am just getting my actual
databases/tables set up so wiping out the entire mysql database and starting
over is an option. Any thoughts on where I go from here??

I tried the -o option same results. Here are the results from myisamchk -r
for the entire mysql directory. The results don't make sense to me. How
could everything need to be rebuilt??

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# myisamchk -r *.*
myisamchk: error: 'columns_priv.frm' doesn't have a correct index
definition. You need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: -1 when opening MyISAM-table 'columns_priv.MYD'

---------

- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'columns_priv.MYI'
Data records: 0

---------

myisamchk: error: 'db.frm' doesn't have a correct index definition. You need
to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: 'db.MYD' doesn't have a correct index definition. You need
to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table 'db.MYI'
Data records: 3
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2

---------

myisamchk: error: 'func.frm' doesn't have a correct index definition. You
need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: -1 when opening MyISAM-table 'func.MYD'

---------

- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'func.MYI'
Data records: 0

---------

myisamchk: error: 'host.frm' doesn't have a correct index definition. You
need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: -1 when opening MyISAM-table 'host.MYD'

---------

- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'host.MYI'
Data records: 0

---------

myisamchk: error: 'tables_priv.frm' doesn't have a correct index definition.
You need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: -1 when opening MyISAM-table 'tables_priv.MYD'

---------

- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'tables_priv.MYI'
Data records: 0

---------

myisamchk: error: 'user.frm' doesn't have a correct index definition. You
need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

myisamchk: error: 'user.MYD' doesn't have a correct index definition. You
need to recreate it before you can do a repair

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table 'user.MYI'
Data records: 6
- Fixing index 1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]#

Any help would be appreciated!!