Hi again all,

Given that a transaction looks like this:

BEGIN;
SELECT useless_field FROM useless_table WHERE useless_identifier =
'useless';
SELECT useless_field FROM useless_table WHERE useless_identifier =
'something else';
INSERT INTO useless_table (useless_field, useless_identifier) VALUES
('what?','huh?');
COMMIT;

Assuming the isolation level is either READ_REPEATABLE or SERIALIZABLE,
would there be any possible benefit to gain from taking the statements
that make up the entire transaction, working out what tables and columns
will be touched and then coming up with some execution policy? I take it
that at the moment, InnoDB's rollback segments grow in a fashion that is
basically a "backward looking" approach of what I've described - am I
correct?

Regards,

Chris