I seem to be locked out.  The trouble started when I deleted the "Any"
user while in phpMyAdmin.  After doing that, I reloaded MySQL.

MySQL seems to load from the command line using the command mysqld_safe,
except the command prompt doesn't return unless I hit control Z.  Once I
^Z myself back to the command line, I can access MySQL via only one
username. And when I exit as root, the stopped jobs message appears.
When I exit all the way, MySQL unloads and the Web sites become
inaccessible.  I tried following the procedures Paul DuBois' book MYSQL,
including bypassing the GRANT tables.  I know I must be missing
something basic.  Help would be appreciated!

Bob Cohen
b.p.e.Creative
http://www.bpecreative.com
Design and production services for the web
Put creative minds to work for you