Usually, i'll use "enum('0','1')" in place of a boolean type.

Curtis

For JDBC stuff, I've found that if you really want to call this a shortcoming, then that's about as far as you can take it
- the MySQL JDBC driver makes the BIT field act just like a single-bit field.

Regards,

Chris

Sure -- but I did say it was only 'slightly annoying'.

TINYINT(1) which works fine but is slightly annoying because
> of the extra type conversion needed every time you use it.

It just means with an ODBC programming library that, say, a method GetBoolean does not work and you need to do say...

int i = odbcReader.GetInt(index);
bool b = i > 0 ? true : false;

every time instead of:

bool b = odbcReader.GetBoolean(index);