As advised by other member of this mailing list, Let me check whether it is reverse
DNS problem. Reverse DNS is giving "202-63-167-192.exatt.com" instead
www.networkshastrihall.com".
Regarding password, this is test database not in production . I am going to change all
settings later on. From next time I will keep in mind.

Thanks for support.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If that error is verbatim from the console, then DNS may be working, but it
is not who MySQL is acknowledging you as, is there a firewall in between
you and the MySQL server? looks like you'd need a grant for
202-63-167-192.exatt.com.

and i know its not working, but you really shouldn't post passwords to this
list. all posts are archived and that means your password can be read by
anyone who google's for help or searches the mysql archive.

hth
Jeff

ads mysql

om> cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Problem creating new user.
12/17/2003 10:44
AM

Hi,
I tried to create user with GRANt as follows :

mysql> use mysql
Database changed
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON bankaccount.* TO
ads123@'www.networkshastrihall.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'ads123';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

I think this is not entering into table.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mysql -h www.networkshastrihall.com -u ads123 -p
bankaccount
Enter password:
ERROR 1130: Host '202-63-167-192.exatt.com' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server.

DNS www.networkshastrihall.com is working.

Help appreciated.
Thanks

gerald_clark wrote:

ads mysql wrote:

>I tried to connect as follows :
>
>#########
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mysql -h www.allnet.com -u ads11 bankaccount
>ERROR 1130: Host 'xxx-xx-xxx-xxx.yyy.com' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server
>#####

Your DNS is broken.

>It gives error.
>I sthere anything giving permission to connect to mysql for particular
Host?

Use GRANT unless you know what you are doing.