OK, ehm, considering Heikki's post, why does MySQL take care of
case-sensitive table names at all? I'm not that familiar with the whole
thing about it, but aren't database names also case-insensitive? I know that
column names are. So why isn't this option removed and table names are
generally treated case-insensitive? (E.g. forcing lowercase_tablenames=1
anywhere.) This won't resolve the problems with older database servers
though, as long as I have no chance to change the lowercase_tablenames
setting (BTW, can I change this per connection?), but in future, this
problem could be avoided.

--
Yves Goergen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]