Hi Chris

We're running MySQL on NetWare6.5 with good performance & stability. About
20GB with InnoDB and a "simple replication" enabled (M -> S).

This database will grow up to 200GB in a year (with 400 active connections).
We did tests and we liked.

We'll set up another 2 servers to run a 100GB database (with 300 active
connections) "cluster-enabled".

About the file size limit, your friend is wrong.

You have 2 FS with NW5.0+:
- TFS ("old" file system), but _does_ support 4GB.
- NSS 64bit file system (yes, it support files 4GB+). And it's the default
filesystem since NW6.0.

Our databases runs only with InnoDB, but with 21 files x 1 GB. Personally I
don't like to have "big" files in any OS. But if I want, I can create just
one file with 21GB, no problem.

An engineer at Novell told me about tests with a 4TB database.

So, don't worry. We're fine.

Regards,
Eduardo