j,

how you have set

innodb_thread_concurrency

and

innodb_log_file_size

in my.cnf?

I was able to repeat the assertion failure by setting the log file size to
only 8 MB, and setting concurrency to 500. I changed now InnoDB so that it
no longer asserts, but calls exit(1). It prints the following instructions
if log files are too small for the concurrency:

        if (!success) {
                fprintf(stderr,
"InnoDB: Error: ib_logfiles are too small for innodb_thread_concurrency
%lu.\n"
"InnoDB: The combined size of ib_logfiles should be bigger than\n"
"InnoDB: 200 kB * innodb_thread_concurrency.\n"
"InnoDB: To get mysqld to start up, set innodb_thread_concurrency in
my.cnf\n"
"InnoDB: to a lower value, for example, to 8. After an ERROR-FREE
shutdown\n"
"InnoDB: of mysqld you can adjust the size of ib_logfiles, as explained
in\n"
"InnoDB: section 5 of http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php";,
                        (ulong)srv_thread_concurrency);
                fprintf(stderr,
"InnoDB: Cannot continue operation. Calling exit(1).\n");

                exit(1);
        }

Merry Christmas!

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/