At 15:46 +0100 12/23/03, Plinio Conti wrote:
Sorry,
I was not using any SELCT in my queries,
it's just an error typing the email

I confirm:
SHOW GRANTS FOR CURRENT_USER();
does not work,
while that query is exaclty what you expect to do reading mysql manual.

I agree, one might easily come to that conclusion based on the wording.

The manual was imprecise/wrong.  I've changed it to point out that
you must first select the value of CURRENT_USER(), then use the value
it returns in the SHOW GRANTS statement.

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:47:11 +0200
Egor Egorov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Plinio Conti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SHOW_GRANTS.html
> says:
>
> "To list grants for the current session one may use CURRENT_USER() function"
>
> But if I run
> "SELECT SHOW GRANTS FOR CURRENT_USER();
>
> I get syntax error (Error 1064).
>
> While if I run directly
> "SELECT SHOW GRANTS FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED];"
>
> It works. Did you guess why?

Look at the example of usage SHOW GRANTS in the manual:

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED];

There is no SELECT word in the query.

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA