With what little info you presented allow me to try and answer this one:

$db_server: I am assuming that the script you are using is a premade one
that can handle different types of database backends, if this is the case,
you will need to look at the documentation that came with the script to see
what parameters it is looking for.

$db_host:  This is the name of the server, typically 'localhost' (without
quotes). is used.

$db_name: pretty self explanatory, this is the name of the database being
used

$db_user: This is one of the users that you should have set up for the
server (preferably not root).

Hope this helps.

Jess

---