I'm trying to use the API to write to a MEDIUMBLOB, but I'm getting a very
vague error: something about a problem "near '' on line 1". I'm forumating
the query string w/

sprintf(query, "INSERT INTO support_files (session_id,file_type,file_body)
VALUES (%ld,%ld,", sessionID,fileType);

Then w/calls to things like memcpy, and unformatted reads from a stream, I
append the blob to the end of that, and finalize it w/a ')'. I'm very
careful about what I do w/my pointers, and not to use string-handling
functions on the blob data. I also use mysql_real_query(), which is where
the error is returned. From what I can tell from the on-line documentation,
this is the right way to handle blobs. I also tried:

sprintf(query, "INSERT INTO support_files (session_id,file_type,file_body)
VALUES (%ld,%ld,0)", sessionID,fileType); //exact same as before, but the
blob is a mere '0'

Is this right? I can use a char * to point to binary data, can't I?
    I'm running Linux RH9, if that makes a difference.