On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Leo wrote:
> I know someone already ask this,
> and the answer generally 'NO YOU CANT' :b
>
> but, is there any work around so i can make a backup server (slave),
> from many other server (master) through replication?

You could run a server instance per database replicated and use the same
data-dir (be careful of conflicting writes, however, you probably want to
enable-external-locking, especially if they share any data).

> oh, one more thing, can the replication run both way?
> what ever happened on machine A, replicated on machine B and vice versa..

That works fine, just be aware of the problems that can arise if this is
not taken into consideration since the replication is asynchronous

read the Q: What issues should I be aware of when setting up two-way
replication? part at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication_FAQ.html