> Hi,
>
> I am new to MySQL and old to MS Access (advanced skill level).
>
> When building Access DBs, I write VB code, SQL,  develop DBs using 3rd
N.F.
> and build lovely forms for data entry, print outs, reports etc, etc.
>
> After examing MySQL's material, I don't see any forms like I use in
Access.
> So what GUI should I use and how do I link the SQL to things like command
> buttons, check  boxes, drop-down list etc?

As a PHP/MySQL programmer I use the web browser as my front end. Form
Components are created using HTML and Field Validation is acheived using
Javascript. PHP pulls everything together.

For Reports the web browser with a white background is fine. For standard
letters where you need to control the header and footer content I use
ScriptX or output a PDF document.

Any client databases I find written in MS Access I normally convert totally
so that MS Access is not used.

Happy to share,