I'll be fighting with rights over tmp tables time ago, basically I want give full temporary tables management but not for other all tables, including select right.

The only way to do that work was insert in tables_priv for each user a "user/tmp_table_name" record granting full privileges.

There is a problem with this because 'TMP%' as table_name doesn't work in tables_priv, you must insert many rows as many different temporary tables names you think use.

The question is: There is a way to improve tmp rights management? I think this is a weak side of mysql.

Thnks! Alejandro
  IncrediMail - El Email ha evolucionado finalmente - Haga clic aquí