Based on the collective experiences of the members of this group, what are the best methods for learning mysql, both from the perspective of certification and of learning enough to excel in the production environment? My interests include both the specifics of mysql and the general concepts behind the use and administration of databases in general. I'm interested in both free and pay-for methods. I'm particularly interested in solicitations from companies offering products in this area, so if you represent such a company or otherwise have an interest in my business, please feel free to send a private email. In fact, its probably better if people in general send me private emails, from which I shall endeavor to summarize to the public list.

Sincerely,
Marc DVer