On Tuesday 06 January 2004 03:27 pm, Michael Wittmann wrote:

> I would recommend to use
>
>   GRANT ALL ON URCMS.* TO 'urcms_admin'@'localhost'
>           IDENTIFIED BY 'changeme'
>           WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
> if you only need to connect to URCMS database from localhost.

The problem is that I'm writing software, not just something for myself. I
want to have this be generic, so that if someone wants to install this
package on one system, and log into mysql *either* from the same machine
that it's running on, *or* from another system.

        mark
--
Have you noticed that, when we were young, we were told
that "everybody else is doing it" was a really stupid