Just fired up mysql 3.23.53 *

Created a d/b, and then created an admin user for that d/b, using
GRANT ALL ON URCMS.* TO urcms_admin
        IDENTIFIED BY 'changeme'
        WITH GRANT OPTION;

Ok, it never prompts me for a password, nor did it let me, as that user, use
URCMS. I looked in mysql.db, and the host for that user was %, which
according to the reference, *should* let me do that from any host.

At any rate, it only let me go to the d/b after, as root, I did
GRANT ALL ON URCMS.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] WITH GRANT OPTION;

I would assume that % should include localhost. Am I missing something here?

        mark

* Please don't tell me to upgrade to 4.x. I'm working on some software, and
I do *not* want it to require Only The Latest Version. Since many distros
are still shipping with 3.23, I want it to be compatable with what they're
running, and not force them to upgrade, *unless* this is a known bug. In
that case, I have no problem upgrading to the next patch level.

--
resident, Imperial Christian States of America, Inc.