I have 3.23 that comes with my Linux distribution, now when I tried to
do a rpm installation of 4.0, I got messages like:
"warning: MySQL-server-4.0.17 ... .rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
...,
file /usr/bin/mysql from install of MySQL-client-4.0.17.0 conflicts with
file from package mysql-3.23.52-3
file /usr/shar/man/man1/ ... from install of ... conflicts with file
from package mysql-3.23...
..."
and the conflict list goes on.

The installation manual does not seem to discuss about such issues.  Do
I need to remove my 3.23 before I run the installation? -- but that's
not what the manual says, though.  The first warning msg, is that a
problem, too?

Thanks.