At 20:39 -0500 1/7/04, Asif Iqbal wrote:

Hi All

I have been using mysql database to collect my syslog data. It was
working fine. However recently I had few logs that had apotrophe and I
failed to insert those lines into my database. It said syntax error. Is
there any patch anything I can put and recompile mysql so it won't fail
while inserting log lines that has apotrophe (') in it ?

MySQL is acting properly. If you don't escape apostophes in your data values properly, the query is not syntactically legal.

However, we cannot advise you how to deal with this without more information.
Can you tell us how you're attempting to insert the log data into MySQL?
Are you using some script that you have written, for example?  What language
is it in?

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/