Sergei Golubchik wrote:

Hi!

On Jan 13, Kurt Haegeman wrote:

Hi,

When trying to create a fulltext index on my large table, I get the following error:

ERROR 1034 (HY000): 121 when fixing table

I'm using version 4.1.1-alpha of the MySQL database, a source-compiled version with the --with-raid option. I'm trying to build a newpaper article search engine. I've built an 'articles' table with the following DDL:

CREATE TABLE articles (
filename varchar(40) default NULL,
source varchar(30) default NULL,
pubdate varchar(30) default NULL,
text text
)
TYPE=MyISAM
DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
MAX_ROWS=10000000
AVG_ROW_LENGTH=2366
RAID_TYPE=striped
RAID_CHUNKS=16
RAID_CHUNKSIZE=2048;

I've inserted 7806867 articles in dutch and french into it, which gives me a table of about 16Gb, leaving 75+Gb of free space on my Compaq Proliant DL380G2, 1.2Gb RAM. The kernel is compiled with HIGHMEM support, and the MySQL database is using a cnf based on my-huge.cnf.

Somebody knows where to start looking?

What is the exact command that generates en error ?

Regards,
Sergei

Hi Sergei,

alter table articles
add fulltext( text );

After several hours of processing, the error below is generated.

Regards,
Kurt.