Xavier Fernández i Marín wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been inserting a csv file of about 150Mb into a mysql database. The
> problem is that there is no enough free space on the hard disk, and the
> process have been collapsed.
>
> Now I've been trying to access to the database to drop the table and change
> the directory where mysql stores the information, but I can't access it.
>
> I suppose that the procedure is to stop mysql server and then drop the table,
> but I don't know how to drop a table when mysqld does not run. And, appart
> from that, is this the best procedure?
>
> I'm running mysql 3.23 in a Linux Mandrake 9.0
>
> Thanks,
>
> --

As long as the table is a standard mysql table (MyISAM), you can just
delete the data files for that table from the database directory. I'd
make a backup copy of the datafiles before you delete them just in case
something doesn't go correctly. Also make sure mysql isn't running.
There may be a better way, but this should work.

To remove a table called customer from a database called office for
example, you'd simply do.
rm /var/lib/mysql/office/customer.*