Matthew Stuart wrote:

I am really struggling with a mysqldump. I am trying to create a dump of a complete database called csi_db01 and I am trying to save the dump file to My Documents on the C drive.

I am sure I am doing right, but could somebody email me the full syntax to use which comes after the mysql>

Run mysqldump from a shell ("DOS") prompt, not from the mysql client.

Something like:

prompt% mysqldump -u root -prootpassword csi_db01

:: will dump to standard out; add the path to where you want to
save the dump, like:

prompt% mysqldump -uroot -p csi_db01 > /path/to/dumpfile.sql

I'm not sure how a path with spaces -- "My Documents" -- is going
to work, but experiment (or pick another location). :-)

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

dream. code.