From: Aron Bereket [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Hi there,
>
> I have recently installed mysql and php on my mechine
> and both work fine. But when i wrote an HTML/Php to
> access my databse I got the following error message:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
> mysql_pconnect() in /var/www/html/employee.php on line
> 48
>
> I tried also with mysql_real_connect() and
> mysql_connect() functions bud didn't solve the
> problem.
>
> Does it mean that the mysql_pconnect() doesn't exitst
> or is some configuration problem?
>
> Your help is appriciated.

Are you sure the MySQL API was compiled with your install of PHP?

Create a test script and just put the following in it:

<? phpinfo() ?>

Then view that in your web browser. Near the top should be a header "Configure
Command" -- does it include an appropriate "--with-mysql=xxx" argument?

If that checks out, scroll further down to view information about PHP's planned
interactions with MySQL.

HTH!

--
Mike Johnson