Fecha: 01/15/04 13:37:42
Asunto: RE: Installing MySQL on Linux, HELP!

I have had some help on my mysql install woes, and here's the latest.

rpm -qa | grep MySQL - this just hung and never returned anything (see
below)
# service mysqld start
or
# service mysql start - these just returned a new command prompt, so
couldn't tell whether or not they worked. I checked my processes and never
saw mysqld.

I put in 'whereis mysql', and this returned:
/usr/bin/mysql
/user/lib/mysql
/user/share/mysql
/user/share/man/man1/mysql.1.gz

I was going to output a new list of installed packages to ensure that mysql
was in there, but rpm -qa | ./installed_packages doesn't seem to work at the
moment...I can't restart the server right now, so perhaps I could kill and
restart some process? However, this is from yesterday's output:
        postgresql-libs-7.3.4-3.rhl9
        postgresql-7.3.4-3.rhl9
        mysql-3.23.58-1.9
        mysql-server-3.23.58-1.9